Ignorance about Jews is rampant, and as a result, Jews are highly misunderstood and frequently maligned – leading to tensions, hostilities, and even violence. In my upcoming online event, “Jews Are Not White,” we’ll explore questions like the ones below, to help facilitate understanding, compassion, and heart-centered connection across dividing lines:
- Are Jews white, people of color, or some other category?
- How do skin color, ethnicity, and nationality factor in?
- How does persecution, from ancient to contemporary, factor in?
- How do converts to Judaism factor in?
This multimedia program will include the following dynamic elements:
- Multimedia documentation charting 4,000 years of global Jewish migration – connecting the threads between Jews in the African, Asian, Europen, and American continents.
- Live music and spoken word performance, including the following songs and poems:
- Jews Are Not White
- The Convert’s Quest
- I Love My JewFro
- Twisty Kind of Racism
- Facilitated group discussion