Pain specialist Martin Rossman MD
Dance scientist Benjamin Hickman MPT
In this fun and informative event for people living with chronic pain, you’ll learn essential self-care principles and strategies for turning your life around and healing – both from chronic pain and from the bio-psycho-social avalanche that goes along with it. You’ll also learn about the cutting-edge global research proving that dance heals pain, and you’ll come to understand the neurological and biological processes behind this phenomenon.
What You’ll Get in this Event
This two-hour, multimedia event will include the following:
- Personal storytelling – revealing my journey into, through, and out of chronic pain.
- Live music and spoken word peformance – sharing inspirational poems and songs about living with and healing from chronic pain.
- Dancing with Pain® basics demo – teaching the core principles of the Dancing with Pain® method, for you to practice at home
- Discussion and Q&A with Martin Rossman MD on the biomechanics of dance and related practices, for pain management without pharmaceuticals or surgery
- Discussion and Q&A with Ben Hickman MPT on the science and backstory of his research on dance for natural pain relief
- Pitfalls and practicalities – helping you understand your experience by outlining key issues involved in living with chronic pain
- Mindset and action plan – guiding you on the core principles and practical applications of a self-care approach to pain management